Awhile back, we posted on the fantastic & comprehensive list put together by the Environmental Working Group of the fruit & vegetable produce that you should keep an eye out for.
-Especially in-terms of amount & type of pesticides used-on & absorbed-by them.
What they help us do is to make better, more-informed choices about where to concentrate our organic fruit & veg budget, in-addition to knowing more about the risks.
Well, just recently, cholesterol-battlin’ juicing-maestro Garrick Dee cracked out a pretty sweet graphic to summarize all 27 produce-bits.
-AND, he also put the 3 highest-risk special-case items on there, too.
It makes for a great, easy way to get a handle on what to remember when you hit the stores.
It’s also a pretty huge graphic, so just the DD will be shown here and the other subsections are chopped into links below you can check individually.
The other sections are as follows:
- Intro On Pesticides
- The Dirty Dozen
- Pesticides In Each Of The 12
- The Clean 15
- Pesticides In The Clean 15
- Bonus: The Hazardous 3
- Where To Buy Cheap Organic Produce
- How To Tell If Your Produce Is Organic Or Not
So stop by Garrick’s site and the EWG for further info, including some of the other great nutrition and juicing sources GDT was able to pull-in for the images.
Photo/Image Credits: Dirty Dozen & Clean Fifteen Infographic, by Garrick Dee Tan
• Source: The Environmental Working Group
• via: Full InfoGraphic At: JuicingWithG.com
• More Coverage: Organic Kitchen | Eat Well Guide | Organic Consumers Association | Bankrate-Buying organic food on the cheap | FeedOurFamilies-Food Labels: Guide to Know What You’re Buying