Nat Geo’s Breakthrough Shows Us The Future Of Health & More
Well, Nat Geo has started putting on a new series, and it’s right in-line with just about everything this site would ever hope to be about. -Just in video format.
It’s on Sundays, 9/8C and we’re already starting to get to the good stuff like, “More Than Human”.
So, while you’re waiting for the next installment,
A linked-list of the major sections is below, to help you sift through & target the content you’d like to check out.
There are several major blocks in each of the 6 main topics, with about 4-5 blocks under ~3 of those.
The Speculation sections are much larger sub-sites all unto themselves, and about as big as any of the main topics.
Either way, just a few shortcuts to help you around the absolute Mountain of fantastic & hard-won content.
BTW, The Official Main Sections Are:
– Global Epidemic and Mobility (GLEAM) Model
2. The Future of Vaccines
– Vaccine Delivery Alternatives
3. Tracking Mutations In the Ebola Virus
-Dr. Pardis Sabeti talks about the benefits of global research collaboration.
5. Hunting Ebola by Interrogating Genomes
– There is currently an extraordinary opportunity to discover new things about viruses.
6. Analysis: Waging a Microscopic War
– The 2014 Ebola scare, in which a Liberian visitor brought the deadly disease to the U.S.
7. Collaborating On Ebola Treatments
– Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Immunotherapeutic Consortium.
II. More Than Human:
– Mind-Body Connections
2. Editing Human Biology
– CRISPR Technology
3. Mechanically Boosting Human Workers
– FORTIS Exoskeleton
4. On Humans And Technology with David Cronenberg
– David Cronenberg talks about how technology is a mirrored expression of humanity, both beautiful and hideous.
6. Analysis: Going Beyond Biology
– Researchers are making great strides in developing technology that promises to boost the human body’s performance…
7. Perspectives: Director Paul Giamatti, Exploring Technology
– Director Paul Giamatti explored the beauty of engineering and the joining of humans and machines…
8. Breakthrough Solution: Creating Human Senses
– Versatile Extra-Sensory Transducer (VEST)
9. Breakthrough Solution: Connecting Man and Machine
– The Walk Again Project
III. Decoding The Brain:
– Tracking Subconscious Decision Generation
2. Altering Traumatic Memories
– Memory Refinement
4. Analysis: Science of the Mind
– Many recent discoveries are reshaping our understanding of the human brain.
5. Perspectives: Brett Ratner, Director, Exploring The Brain
– Director Brett Ratner is fascinated by the idea that the human brain has such varied capabilities, yet it is still full of mysteries…
[Brett Ratner actually has a brain? -He even knows what a brain is? -ZING!]
6. Implanting Electrodes In Epileptic Brains
– Exploring Consciousness
7. Studying 9/11 Memories
– The Fallibility of Flashbulb Memories
– Combating Cellular Senescence
2. Improving The Quality Of Old Age
– Dr. Cynthia Kenyon doesn’t necessarily want to make us immortal, but she hopes to develop therapies to offer a long, healthy life…
3. Extending the Human Healthspan
– BAIT Project
4. New Technologies, New Questions
– Dr. Fiona Ginty discusses the technolgogy used in current genomic research and how it is changing scientists’ understanding of aging…
6. Analysis, Chasing Longer Healthspans
– Aging is one of those things in life that has long seemed inevitable and unavoidable…
7. Perspectives: Ron Howard, Director, Exploring Aging
– Director Ron Howard considers the beneficial impacts of extending human life, healthspan, and years of valuable productivity…
8. Overview, Longevity Genes Project
– Dr. Nir Barzilai and his team studied the genes of centenarians to try to identify genetic factors that contribute to…
9. Implications, Longevity Genes Project
– Studying centenarians may lead to therapies that help people live longer and healthy well into old age…
10. Drugs to Slow Aging
– TAME Study
Ihavenotv now has the video for Episode IV archived Here
– The Syracuse University Lava Project
2. Energy From Magma Wells
– Iceland Deep Drilling Project (IDDP)
3. Energy From Artificial, Controlled Tornadoes
– Atmospheric Vortex Engine (AVE)
4. Spinning Turbines
– Nate McClanahan discusses the world’s increasing energy demands and the search for cleaner, safer methods of…
6. Analysis: Searching For New Sources
– Modern civilization has come to depend upon the continuous flow of electricity to keep…
7. Perspectives: Akiva Goldsman, Director: Exploring Energy
– Director Akiva Goldsman believes that there is clean, safe energy all around us and that we are obligated to find ways to access it…
8. Harnessing The Power of The Stars
– Energy from Nuclear Fusion
9. Power From Brewery Waste
– Dogfish Jenbacher™ Engine Power Generation
Ihavenotv now has the video for Episode V archived Here
– Sandra Postel points out that the average American’s water footprint is…
2. Fresh Water and Power From Waves
– CETO System
3. Water From Thin Air
– Warka Water Tower
4. Bringing Nature to the Table
– Sandra Postel believes that the efficient use of information and technology…
6. Analysis: Water For The World
– With the world’s population expanding, the freshwater supply is under increasing stress…
7. Perspectives: Angela Bassett, Director
– Director Angela Bassett believes that there are many potential solutions to the water crisis and that we need to explore options from all over the world…
8. Watering Farms using the sun’s power
– AQUA4™ Concentrated Solar Still
9. Reclaiming a City’s Toilet Water
– Innovations in Water Reclamation
Ihavenotv now has the video for Episode VI archived Here
JUMP BONUS! -Breakthrough’s Fighting Pandemics Pre-Premiere Episode on YT:
JUMP BONUS II ! -Breakthrough’s Episode I, “Fighting Pandemics”, courtesy of Ihavenotv.com:
Seriously, please support this guy for all the great work he does! Here on BuyMeACoffee, or Patreon
(he also has Bitcoin & Eth support addresses down at the bottom of every page.)
UPDATE: Bad News, Good News. Apologies for the link-rot here. But Nat Geo seems to have pulled their stunning Pangea UI info site off the internet.
However, even though the videos for the original 2015 series appear inaccessible via The Internet Archive, the !Legend! that is ihavenotv.com has them up over here.
1) The rest of the series including the 2016 and 2019 stuff is available from CuriosityStream & their Amazon channel here,
2) Somehow the Asia site still has the 1-minute intro videos here,
3) There is an extensive list of shorts over on YouTube here,
-So all is not lost, unlike the Wired DATA | Life videos that all disappeared when Fora.tv did.
• Source: Breakthrough’s Neo-Pangea Experience Site
• More Coverage: Breakthrough’s Main Traditional Site
-Has Full TV Episodes Online (w/ cable provider login), Subtopics, Digital Extra video clips, Breakthrough Science Prize winners, Bios, Photo galleries, Articles, News, etc.