So a recent blip in health-stuff came up again about one of the most dreaded liver-slugging painkillers we have: Tylenol.
It turns out that since at least 2009, studies have been revealing some unanticipated psycho-social Freakonomics in their function; and even one or two weird backroads in how our brains work, too.
So both Tylenol and Advil Inhibit COX enzymes, and then Also go on to Enhance something called Anandamide,
-which turns out to produce effects to similar to Marijuana.
On Both our Physical And Psychological pain-centers.
But what’s neatest about these goofy results and some things they might hint at:
1) Instead of the horrific list of problems that some drugs like [ex:] anti-depressants have, (depression, suicide, Saturn-5-rocket-powered-fart-grenades, etc.) some painkillers actually have either Good, -or Just Plain Interesting Side-Effects. (OK, except the liver-thing with Tylenol)
2) In this instance, our little brains turn out to be quite charmingly LESS-Complicated than thought-previous. Evolution turned out to adapt Both Types Of Pain to run on the +/-same circuits.
3) Maybe there are other drug-like-substances out there that have similarly beneficial unintended consequences,…
4) Are there other ways Evolution “simplified” our brains and made other systems “share circuits”?
5) -Just out of curiosity, maybe this is /[one-of] the reason(s) people get so addicted to Vicodin?
Anyway, interesting food for thought.
–And just think, if we’d had Tylenol back in the day, we could’ve at-least gotten rid of Nietzsche and Jean-Paul Sartre. -A pretty good start if you ask me; -you know, I’m feeling better already!
Check the Links for more details:
NOTE: DO NOT TRY THESE EXPERIMENTS YOURSELF!
-TYLENOL IS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR LIVER, ESPECIALLY WHEN USED LONG-TERM.
EXCESS AMOUNTS OF TYLENOL CAN BE FATAL
NEVER EVER MIX -ANY- DRUGS OR HERBAL/OTHER SUPPLEMENTS UNLESS YOUR DOCTOR & PHARMACIST EXPLICITLY APPROVE; EVEN PAINKILLERS.
EVEN ASPIRIN AND ADVIL TAKEN TOO CLOSE IN TIME AND DOSAGE CAN -VASTLY- INCREASE YOUR RISK OF THINGS LIKE FATAL BLEEDING ULCERS!!!
“Electric cables”, by Andrés Virviescas
• Source: Smithsonian
• via: TheAtlantic
• More Coverage: PT-Physical+Emotional Pain | LAT-Painkillers Heartbreak | PT-Psychic Pain, Anandamide | Tylenol.com-Drug Safety Page | Drugs.com-Drug Interaction Checker
• Source Study: PSS-Acetaminophen Reduces Social Pain Behavioral and Neural Evidence